Below are organizations that offer free resources to communities that have passed or are working to pass local laws that:
-Introduce community rights and the legal rights of nature into our legal system
-Elevate those rights above structures of law that prevent their enjoyment
Please contact us if you are aware of other organizations that belong on this list.
The Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF): CELDF offers free legal advice to said communities across the country. See CELDF’s mission statement.
Global Exchange: Global Exchange is a California-based organization with many interests. Their community rights wing works with communities in California. See Global Exchange’s Community Rights page.
Check out some recent articles.
- Mar 10 Get To Know The BATS: Teachers Fighting Privatization
- Mar 6 Re-Imagining Local Public Space, From Parks to Post Offices
- Jun 13 The Fight For Local Democracy in New York City
- May 25 Crown Heights Tenant Union: Building Power One Building at a Time in NYC
- May 25 Activists Occupy Shipping Container to Halt AIM Pipeline Construction in Upstate NY
- May 25 Barrington, NH votes 795 to 759 to Adopt Community Bill of Rights to Protect Waterways
- May 25 Revoking The Consent to be Governed
- Apr 25 Announcement of Nationally Coordinated Prisoner Workstoppage for Sept 9, 2016
- Apr 19 The Spirit of Occupy Lives on in France’s Emerging Direct Democracy Movement
- Apr 19 How Sanders Could Lay the Foundation for a Third US Political Party
- Apr 10 Some Possible Ideas for Going Forward
- Apr 7 Reclaiming Black Land in Grafton, New York