Notice: Official Communication
by: Read The Dirt Posted on: January 07, 2013
Read the Dirt needs dollars to provide a valuable public service. We want to provide for you a place to learn about and explore the American Community Rights Movement. This movement is seeing cities like Pittsburgh, PA and towns in Maine, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Ohio, California and Pennsylvania pass local law that elevates community rights to such things as water, employee rights, food sovereignty, and sustainable energy above corporations’ constitutional rights.
This is cutting edge work, and we have the opportunity to participate. But we need your help to fund the website updates required to cover the movement.
We are launching a Kickstarter fundraising project to accomplish this. The Kickstarter will fund the expansion of our Community Rights section and a special edition “Best of the Early Years Read the Dirt Magazine.” We hope to raise $3,000 right now.
Click here to learn more. (Video and written description included).
If you are reading this you are a part of our Read the Dirt network. Though we would be honored to have you personally donate, (please do), what we request is that you expand our network. Do you know anyone who would support the future of young independent publishers working to protect our planet and its people from exploitation and contamination? Think about it.
Click here to view the Kickstarter project, where you can donate and receive rewards.
Thank you for your time and participation,
Simon Davis-Cohen, Editor in Chief, readthedirt.org
One Response to “Notice: Official Communication”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Articles On From the Editors
From the Editors:
- Jul 21 Check It Out!
- Dec 8 Editor’s Introduction: December 2013
- Nov 8 Editor’s Introduction: November 2013
- Oct 8 Editor’s Introduction: October 2013
- Sep 8 Editor’s Introduction: September 2013
- Aug 8 Editor’s Introduction: August 2013
- Jul 8 Editor’s Introduction: July 2013
- Jun 8 Editor’s Introduction: June 2013
- May 8 Editor’s Introduction: May 2013
- Apr 8 Editor’s Introduction: April 2013
- Mar 29 Read the Dirt: Changes on the Way
- Jan 22 Where in the World is Read the Dirt?
- Jan 7 Notice: Official Communication
- Dec 19 New Section: Community Rights
- May 15 A Letter from the Editors
- Feb 15 Attention Readers of the Dirt!
- Oct 25 Welcome To Read The Dirt!