Sacred Democracy Columnist Philip Damon
Philip Damon - Sacred Democracy Taught writing and spiritual literature at the University of Hawaii for 34 years, and his fiction and non-fiction have appeared widely. Among mystic, artistic and holistic traditions, he has followed many practices, considering each in harmony with the “perennial philosophy.” His workshop, Living the Story, marries perennial wisdom with the elements of story-craft, providing a “narrative path to personal, spiritual and evolutionary mindfulness.” He has since added “democratic mindfulness” to that list. After abandoning political activity in the 70s, for literary and later for holistic and spiritual pursuits, he was unprepared for the impact a few years ago on hearing the phrase “living democracy.” In his “Dancing on the Brink” columns (Bellingham Weekly and Organic Press, 2003-2006), he emphasized inner personal practice in the face of severe cultural uncertainty. The emphasis in “Sacred Democracy” speaks more to the moral obligation of individuals to act, feel and think on behalf of the welfare of all citizens.
Philip Damon - Sacred Democracy: Below are articles written by Sacred Democracy Columnist Philip Damon .
- Dec 8 Sacred Democracy-The Marriage of the Ethical and the Moral
- Nov 8 Sacred Democracy-Enlightenment and Democracy
- Oct 8 Sacred Democracy-Democracy: a Work in Progress
- Sep 8 Sacred Democracy-Glimmers of Empathy in the Shadows of History
- Aug 8 Sacred Democracy-Rites of Nature
- Jul 8 Sacred Democracy-The Beatitudes of Fairness
- Jun 8 Sacred Democracy-Living Democracy as Spiritual Practice (Or Vice Versa)
- May 8 Sacred Democracy-The Moral Blueprint