Welcome to Read the Dirt.
After a few years as a small publication, Read the Dirt has transitioned into something a little different.
Ear to the Ground: We have launched a bi-monthly exclusive “Ear to the Ground” newsletter, which mines local newspapers and state legislatures for important trends and developments. Learn more and subscribe here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=6846535
We are asking $5/month for Ear to the Ground subscriptions. If you’re not sure you want to subscribe, but want to stay in the loop, you might be interested in our free mailing list, which features sneak peeks in the newsletter and other highlights. You can sign up here: https://tinyletter.com/Read_the_Dirt
Mini “investigative fund”: One arm of Read the Dirt functions as an incubator for stories and essays, which are then published in partnering outlets. Our incubated stories have appeared in The Leap, Earth Island Journal, DeSmogBlog, Truthout, Popular Resistance and other outlets.
Get in touch: readthedirt [@] protonmail.com.
Check out some recent articles.
- Jul 27 US Involvement in Guyana Oil, Politics
- Jul 27 Drought Leads to Cattle Grazing on Protected Land
- Jul 27 Immigration Raids – Local Group Steps into Government Void
- Jul 27 Racism in America – Lots of Guns in Small-town Connecticut
- Jul 27 Immigration Enforcement and the Remnants of Colonization
- Jul 27 Local Police Departments Take Axon Enterprise Up On Offer of Free Body Cameras
- Jul 27 Local Media Consolidation – Radio Stations For Sale
- Jul 27 The Cost of Homelessness
- Jul 27 Labor and Workers’ Protections – Small Fine For Violations That Led To Death
- Jul 27 Tight Budget in Oklahoma Heightens Pressure on AT&T to Pay Up
- Jul 27 City Controller Proposes Nation’s 1st 401(k) System for Small Employers
- Jul 27 Op-Ed: Local Utilities and Deregulation – Unregulated Water Utility Created