Welcome to Read the Dirt.
After a few years as a small publication, Read the Dirt has transitioned into something a little different.
Ear to the Ground: We have launched a bi-monthly exclusive “Ear to the Ground” newsletter, which mines local newspapers and state legislatures for important trends and developments. Learn more and subscribe here: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=6846535
We are asking $5/month for Ear to the Ground subscriptions. If you’re not sure you want to subscribe, but want to stay in the loop, you might be interested in our free mailing list, which features sneak peeks in the newsletter and other highlights. You can sign up here: https://tinyletter.com/Read_the_Dirt
Mini “investigative fund”: One arm of Read the Dirt functions as an incubator for stories and essays, which are then published in partnering outlets. Our incubated stories have appeared in The Leap, Earth Island Journal, DeSmogBlog, Truthout, Popular Resistance and other outlets.
Get in touch: readthedirt [@] protonmail.com.
Check out some recent articles.
- Sep 26 Education Sneak Peek
- Jul 21 Check It Out!
- Jun 5 US Climate Movement: Funnel Money Downward if You Want to Survive
- May 19 Part 2: Jordan Cove LNG Backers Spend Huge Money to Sway Tiny Oregon County Election
- May 2 Part 1: Oregon County Faces Gas Industry Funding, Lobbyists in Battle to Halt Jordan Cove LNG Project
- Mar 10 Get To Know The BATS: Teachers Fighting Privatization
- Mar 6 Re-Imagining Local Public Space, From Parks to Post Offices
- Jun 13 The Fight For Local Democracy in New York City
- May 25 Crown Heights Tenant Union: Building Power One Building at a Time in NYC
- May 25 Activists Occupy Shipping Container to Halt AIM Pipeline Construction in Upstate NY
- May 25 Barrington, NH votes 795 to 759 to Adopt Community Bill of Rights to Protect Waterways
- May 25 Revoking The Consent to be Governed