No Longer A Publication?
After a few years functioning as a small publication, Read the Dirt has transitioned into the role of a “producer.” You can think of it as a mini “investigative fund” to help organizers and emerging journalists produce writing and get published.
Much of our work is based in a respect for “experts-by-experience” and the value in hearing directly from people directly engaging this changing world. Many of these experts are too busy or can’t be bothered to write—and that’s where we come in.
Get in touch: readthedirt [@] protonmail.com.
Read the Dirt lobbies on behalf of all its writers to receive writer fees from publications. Soon we hope to offer our own funding, however at the moment we are without funds. Contact us if you are interested in supporting this critical work. We are pursuing 501c3 status.
Check out some recent articles.
- Jul 21 Check It Out!
- Jun 5 US Climate Movement: Funnel Money Downward if You Want to Survive
- May 19 Part 2: Jordan Cove LNG Backers Spend Huge Money to Sway Tiny Oregon County Election
- May 2 Part 1: Oregon County Faces Gas Industry Funding, Lobbyists in Battle to Halt Jordan Cove LNG Project
- Mar 10 Get To Know The BATS: Teachers Fighting Privatization
- Mar 6 Re-Imagining Local Public Space, From Parks to Post Offices
- Jun 13 The Fight For Local Democracy in New York City
- May 25 Crown Heights Tenant Union: Building Power One Building at a Time in NYC
- May 25 Activists Occupy Shipping Container to Halt AIM Pipeline Construction in Upstate NY
- May 25 Barrington, NH votes 795 to 759 to Adopt Community Bill of Rights to Protect Waterways
- May 25 Revoking The Consent to be Governed
- Apr 25 Announcement of Nationally Coordinated Prisoner Workstoppage for Sept 9, 2016