Read the Dirt: Changes on the Way
by: Read The Dirt Posted on: March 29, 2013
Changes are on the horizon for Read the Dirt and its website readthedirt.org. We are revamping the website while simultaneously becoming a monthly publication. Rather than our weekly Article of the Week we will be publishing a month’s worth of material on the 8th of every month, starting April 2013. Each month’s articles will be published with an Editor’s Introduction featuring links to and summaries of that month’s reading. April’s edition will feature a look at this past month’s content. We are going monthly for a few reasons.
These changes will give us more flexibility with our publishing. The Editor’s Introduction will help us stay in touch with our readers, highlight articles worth highlighting, provide an additional filter for our readers, and allow us to feature complimentary musings and content that would previously not get the attention of an Article of the Week. Publishing all at once, as opposed to the weekly trickle, allows us to publish articles as a group, rather than as separate pieces. This will hopefully add a cohesiveness and predictability to Read the Dirt that has hitherto been in short supply. As always, all of our articles will be published online and archived within the website for you to read at your leisure.
As for the website updates, these will include stylistic alterations, an expanded front page with new sections, a Community Rights section with more resources and external news items, and more.
It is our sincere hope that these changes improve your experience with us.
Thanks for reading.
Photo: Simon Davis-Cohen
One Response to “Read the Dirt: Changes on the Way”
Leave a Reply
Articles On From the Editors
From the Editors:
- Dec 8 Editor’s Introduction: December 2013
- Nov 8 Editor’s Introduction: November 2013
- Oct 8 Editor’s Introduction: October 2013
- Sep 8 Editor’s Introduction: September 2013
- Aug 8 Editor’s Introduction: August 2013
- Jul 8 Editor’s Introduction: July 2013
- Jun 8 Editor’s Introduction: June 2013
- May 8 Editor’s Introduction: May 2013
- Apr 8 Editor’s Introduction: April 2013
- Mar 29 Read the Dirt: Changes on the Way
- Jan 22 Where in the World is Read the Dirt?
- Jan 7 Notice: Official Communication
- Dec 19 New Section: Community Rights
- May 15 A Letter from the Editors
- Feb 15 Attention Readers of the Dirt!
- Oct 25 Welcome To Read The Dirt!